Restoring Your Wilson or Nash County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
One of the big Commercial Buildings in the Wilson area had sustained a water damage that affected 2 floors!
Flooding and water damage events in Wilson or Nash County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
FREE Emergency Ready Profile - Storm Season Preparedness
Contact your local SERVPRO Office for more information regarding this FREE Service.
Let me ask you something, imagine if you're at lunch and suddenly you get a panicked call from the office because there is a gas leak, or maybe water is pouring out of a broken pipe under the sink. Would you be able to direct them how to shut-off the gas or water? Whether you are away for lunch, on vacation, or if it's after hours, wouldn't it be nice to have access to your vital building data and emergency contact information directly from your smart phone, 24/7? SERVPRO has developed a convenient application that organizes this information for you...all at your fingertips!
SERVPRO is a national sponsor of the American Red Cross' Ready Rating program, and as part of our community service, we are helping local businesses prepare for disasters. The application is also available for residents, call today for more information!
We are having an active Hurricane season this year, will you be ready?
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville - 252-291-4492
For Immediate Service in Wilson or Nash County, Call SERVPRO
Wilson and Nash County Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Wilson or Nash County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 252-291-4492
Whether your Wilson or Nash home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Wilson or Nash commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Wilson and Nash County Home or Business
We take pride in being an IICRC Certified Firm! We showcase ALL of our Technicians and Owners Certificates in our Main Office.
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Wilson & Nash County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
A pipe had rupture in a wall. It is clearly depicted that mold growth had begun to spread over the entire affected area.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (252)-291-4492
Wilson & Nash County Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Our 16 foot Trailer has storage to haul all the necessary equipment to and from sites with ease. No worries about running out of equipment!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (252)-291-4492
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (252)-291-4492
When Storms or Floods hit Eastern North Carolina, SERVPRO is ready!
Our FREE Emergency Ready Profile is a great remind that we are only a phone call away, especially during a disaster. Call and ask about it today!
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Wilson or Nash County area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (252)-291-4492
Emergency Ready Profile
Happy New Year from SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville!
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville - (252) 291-4492
Were you affected by a Storm, Water or Fire Damage in 2016?
Do you feel you were adequately prepared?
If faced with the same situation again, what would you do differently?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. The no-cost ERP mobile app allows ERP data to be stored on a Smartphone, allowing for quick access to help. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company.
By working with SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville to develop your personalized Emergency READY Profile your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call Today for a No Cost Assessment of Your Home or Facility!
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville - (252) 291-4492
Residential Fire Restoration
The Laundry Room in this Apartment Unit was severely burned after a Drier Malfunctioned. The Floor, Walls, Ceiling, Doors & Appliances were affected.
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville - (252)-291-4492
What is Fire Damage Restoration? It is a multi-step process that minimizes the extend of a fire loss and ultimately saves the Homeowner money through restoration vs. replacement. This is a brief overview of our Emergency Fire Damage Process:
- One Hour: Within one hour of notice of loss, through the Homeowner or an Insurance Agent, a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- Four Hours: Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to your damage.
*A fire damage consists of several kinds of damages. Materials suffer burning, charring, heat damage, smoke damage, and even water damage.
- Detailed Explanation: A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
*Not all fires result in the same level of damage (Minor, Medium, and Major).
- Minor - Smoke residues affect only certain rooms or areas. The amount of smoke residues is light to moderate. Restoration may involve dry cleaning and/or wet cleaning of ceilings, walls, floors and contents. Few areas need to be repainted and only minor items require replacement.
- Medium - Smoke residue is moderate, and more materials require wet cleaning to remove residues. The number of areas requiring repainting and items requiring replacement increase. Floors may need to be refinished. Heat damage to drywall, cabinets, and contents requires more materials to be replaced. Contents might be cleaned at the jobsite. Smoke odors are noticeable, possibly requiring additional deodorization procedures after cleaning.
- Major - Structural framing and finishes may be charred, requiring structural repairs. Smoke residues are distributed through a large portion of the building, and strong smoke odors. Emergency services are needed, such as Board-up, establishing a source of electricity, winterizing the building in cold weather and removing smoke-filled and charred debris. Restoration will involve extensive cleaning of the structure and probably require restorers to pack and move out all salvageable contents for off-site cleaning. Multiple methods of deodorization are needed to remove smoke odors.
- Pretesting: A SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
- Eight Hours: Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally your adjuster or property manager.
- Cleaning, Restoration & Deodorization: SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damage event has taken over. Depending on how severe the fire damage is will determine how long & how much work is required. However, we will use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to ensure your property is taken care of right the first time.
- Final Walk-Through: After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction.
As you have read, sometimes a damage requires more than just cleaning soot or removing debris. Some damages require replacement of drywall, paint, flooring or even electrical and plumbing services. Here at SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville, we can provide many general contractor services to help return your home or business to pre-loss condition.
In some cases, Mitigation, Restoration or Replacement may not be the best option. If a home or buildings structural integrity is compromised beyond repair it may be considered a TOTAL LOSS & often becomes a much bigger project than one can handle. Most often than not, these homes become condemned. At this point it is important to secure openings to prevent children, wild animals or squatters from trespassing on the property. Also it is important to relocate salvageable contents for cleaning and storage. This is why SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville also provides Board-up Services and Move-Outs.
Contact us today for more information on our wide variety of services or stop by our Office. We would love to discuss our FREE Emergency Ready Profile and how it would benefit you during a disaster.
Dan & Mary Reneau
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville
3032 Forest Hills Rd W
Wilson, NC 27893
'Tis the Season!
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville would like to give you a friendly reminder that it is Fire Prevention & Preparedness Awareness! The next few months we are all going to be busy preparing and celebrating the Holidays with friends or family. Whether you plan on staying home or traveling, you cannot be too careful when it comes to preventing a Fire Disaster. In conjunction with the National Fire Protection Association, the next few months we will be posting helpful tips to help make the Holiday season safe and smooth for you and your family.
For starters, it's October and we all know Halloween is around the corner. While you are out picking up costumes for your family or supplies for the trick-or-treating children, here are a few extra things to consider outfitting your home with this month.
If you are the kind of person who loves to decorate the house:
- Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
- Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets. (Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.)
- In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
- Have flashlights andbattery-powered lighting ready to use during a power
Most importantly, keep in mind decorations are the item first ignited in an estimated average of 900 reported home structure fires per year. 41% of these incidents were started by candles; one-fifth began in the living room, family room, or den. Nearly half of decoration fires in homes occurred because the decorations were too close to a heat source.
If you do burn candles, make sure that you...
- Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily.
- Blow out candles when you leave the room or go to sleep. If a candle must burn continuously, be sure it is enclosed in a glass container and placed in a sink, on a metal tray, or in a deep basin filled with water.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
- Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles!
- Change batteries in your smoke detectors & TEST
From all of us here at SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville, Have a Happy Halloween!