Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Wilson and Nash County Home or Business
We take pride in being an IICRC Certified Firm! We showcase ALL of our Technicians and Owners Certificates in our Main Office.
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Wilson & Nash County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
A pipe had rupture in a wall. It is clearly depicted that mold growth had begun to spread over the entire affected area.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (252)-291-4492
Wilson & Nash County Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Our 16 foot Trailer has storage to haul all the necessary equipment to and from sites with ease. No worries about running out of equipment!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (252)-291-4492
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (252)-291-4492
When Storms or Floods hit Eastern North Carolina, SERVPRO is ready!
Our FREE Emergency Ready Profile is a great remind that we are only a phone call away, especially during a disaster. Call and ask about it today!
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Wilson or Nash County area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (252)-291-4492
Emergency Ready Profile
Happy New Year from SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville!
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville - (252) 291-4492
Were you affected by a Storm, Water or Fire Damage in 2016?
Do you feel you were adequately prepared?
If faced with the same situation again, what would you do differently?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. The no-cost ERP mobile app allows ERP data to be stored on a Smartphone, allowing for quick access to help. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company.
By working with SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville to develop your personalized Emergency READY Profile your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call Today for a No Cost Assessment of Your Home or Facility!
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville - (252) 291-4492
Residential Fire Restoration
The Laundry Room in this Apartment Unit was severely burned after a Drier Malfunctioned. The Floor, Walls, Ceiling, Doors & Appliances were affected.
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville - (252)-291-4492
What is Fire Damage Restoration? It is a multi-step process that minimizes the extend of a fire loss and ultimately saves the Homeowner money through restoration vs. replacement. This is a brief overview of our Emergency Fire Damage Process:
- One Hour: Within one hour of notice of loss, through the Homeowner or an Insurance Agent, a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- Four Hours: Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to your damage.
*A fire damage consists of several kinds of damages. Materials suffer burning, charring, heat damage, smoke damage, and even water damage.
- Detailed Explanation: A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
*Not all fires result in the same level of damage (Minor, Medium, and Major).
- Minor - Smoke residues affect only certain rooms or areas. The amount of smoke residues is light to moderate. Restoration may involve dry cleaning and/or wet cleaning of ceilings, walls, floors and contents. Few areas need to be repainted and only minor items require replacement.
- Medium - Smoke residue is moderate, and more materials require wet cleaning to remove residues. The number of areas requiring repainting and items requiring replacement increase. Floors may need to be refinished. Heat damage to drywall, cabinets, and contents requires more materials to be replaced. Contents might be cleaned at the jobsite. Smoke odors are noticeable, possibly requiring additional deodorization procedures after cleaning.
- Major - Structural framing and finishes may be charred, requiring structural repairs. Smoke residues are distributed through a large portion of the building, and strong smoke odors. Emergency services are needed, such as Board-up, establishing a source of electricity, winterizing the building in cold weather and removing smoke-filled and charred debris. Restoration will involve extensive cleaning of the structure and probably require restorers to pack and move out all salvageable contents for off-site cleaning. Multiple methods of deodorization are needed to remove smoke odors.
- Pretesting: A SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
- Eight Hours: Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally your adjuster or property manager.
- Cleaning, Restoration & Deodorization: SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damage event has taken over. Depending on how severe the fire damage is will determine how long & how much work is required. However, we will use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to ensure your property is taken care of right the first time.
- Final Walk-Through: After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction.
As you have read, sometimes a damage requires more than just cleaning soot or removing debris. Some damages require replacement of drywall, paint, flooring or even electrical and plumbing services. Here at SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville, we can provide many general contractor services to help return your home or business to pre-loss condition.
In some cases, Mitigation, Restoration or Replacement may not be the best option. If a home or buildings structural integrity is compromised beyond repair it may be considered a TOTAL LOSS & often becomes a much bigger project than one can handle. Most often than not, these homes become condemned. At this point it is important to secure openings to prevent children, wild animals or squatters from trespassing on the property. Also it is important to relocate salvageable contents for cleaning and storage. This is why SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville also provides Board-up Services and Move-Outs.
Contact us today for more information on our wide variety of services or stop by our Office. We would love to discuss our FREE Emergency Ready Profile and how it would benefit you during a disaster.
Dan & Mary Reneau
SERVPRO® of Wilson/Nashville
3032 Forest Hills Rd W
Wilson, NC 27893
'Tis the Season!
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville would like to give you a friendly reminder that it is Fire Prevention & Preparedness Awareness! The next few months we are all going to be busy preparing and celebrating the Holidays with friends or family. Whether you plan on staying home or traveling, you cannot be too careful when it comes to preventing a Fire Disaster. In conjunction with the National Fire Protection Association, the next few months we will be posting helpful tips to help make the Holiday season safe and smooth for you and your family.
For starters, it's October and we all know Halloween is around the corner. While you are out picking up costumes for your family or supplies for the trick-or-treating children, here are a few extra things to consider outfitting your home with this month.
If you are the kind of person who loves to decorate the house:
- Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
- Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets. (Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.)
- In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
- Have flashlights andbattery-powered lighting ready to use during a power
Most importantly, keep in mind decorations are the item first ignited in an estimated average of 900 reported home structure fires per year. 41% of these incidents were started by candles; one-fifth began in the living room, family room, or den. Nearly half of decoration fires in homes occurred because the decorations were too close to a heat source.
If you do burn candles, make sure that you...
- Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily.
- Blow out candles when you leave the room or go to sleep. If a candle must burn continuously, be sure it is enclosed in a glass container and placed in a sink, on a metal tray, or in a deep basin filled with water.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
- Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles!
- Change batteries in your smoke detectors & TEST
From all of us here at SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville, Have a Happy Halloween!
Faster To Your Water Damage Disaster
Class 3 Clean Water Damage. Caused by a burst pipe in a 2nd Floor Bathroom. All floors were affected including the Garage (pictured above)
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (252)-291-4492
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
The "LUNG" Of Your Home
Servpro of Wilson/Nashville
We take great pride in keeping ourselves and our families healthy and happy, but what about your home? Similarly to your body, your house has its own set of "Lungs" that need to be maintained and cared for regularly. Your HVAC system and duct work are responsible for the air flow and filtration throughout your home. If your home is "breathing" in dust, pollen and other contaminates, so are you and your family!
This may seem like a minor thing. Something you could "push off until next year", or "do tomorrow". However, this is one of the major causes of respiratory infections, allergies, and asthma attacks in the home. Not to mention, have you seen how much it cost to replace or repair a damaged HVAC unit!
- When was the last preventative maintenance tune-up performed for your home or business?
- When was the last time I changed the air filters in my home or Office?
Most, if not all, HVAC equipment manufacturers recommend HVAC units be serviced Semi-annually/Annually. They also suggest Duct Cleaning be done every 3 - 5 years. However, Smokers and Pet Owners should consider cleaning once or twice a year because dust, dander, pollen and other contaminates floating through the air become lodged in filters and clog up drainage lines. Blockages tend to cause secondary issues that could cost you more money in the future. These issues include but are not limited to:
- Water damage to your ceiling, floor or walls from clogged, overflowing drainage pans
- Mold and mildew growth
- Higher utility prices from making your unit work twice as hard to pull in and pump out air
- Poor air quality - resulting in frequent doctor/hospital visits
In the end, overseeing regular maintenance and cleanings for your HVAC unit and Duct work will extend the life of the equipment, save you money, and give you cleaner air to breathe.
The SERVPRO Process:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 97% of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean
- A sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt
Our highly trained and certified SERVPRO Technicians will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and help you breathe easier.
For more information on Duct Cleaning contact SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville today.
Does your Home or Business Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 252-291-4492