When it rains it pours!
Rain under normal circumstances does not usually cause damage to your home. But underlying conditions may change normal maintenance to major restoration. One condition may be not replacing old shingles on roof after weather event. Also, windows and openings in roof and siding that are not sealed properly can cause unseen damage. Lastly, heavy, or continuous rain may cause water to pool around your home. Water pooling around your home may cause damage to your foundation. Maintaining your home may prevent rain from damaging your home.
What can I do you ask?
- Replacing shingles, repairing roof and siding
- Repair leaks when located.
- Make sure all openings in your roof or home are sealed properly.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clean and clear for proper drainage.
- Ensure the crawl space vents are free of obstruction, to allow proper ventilation under your home.
Signs that you have water damage.
- Visible paint discoloration or peeling.
- Soft or sagging walls or ceiling and flooring
- Water stains around bathroom vents
- Water stains around oven hood/vents
Homeowners that have done all that they could do but, still experience water damage can call SERVPRO of Wilson/ Nashville. SERVPRO of Wilson/ Nashville is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.