Fire tips for Commercial businesses
We have extensive fire damage cleanup and restoration training to get your commercial property back to pre-fire condition.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
What your business can do in case of Fire or Soot Damage:
- Limit movement to prevent soot from traveling
- Keep hands clean, as soot on hands can further soil all areas
- Place dry colorfast towels or linens on rugs, upholstery, and traffic paths
- Wipe soot from chrome-faucets appliances, etc.
- If electricity is off, empty refrigerator and prop doors open
- If heat off pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks to avoid pipes from freezing
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off
- Tape layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles from traveling
Common Causes for commercial fires:
- Having flammable liquids or materials close to heat source.
- Human made mistakes: deliberate or non-intended