Hurricane Preparedness Week
Being prepared is one of the best things you can do for your family.
- Determine your risk- Get familiar with your area by determining the risk or treat from a hurricane. Winds, storm surges, and tornadoes.
- Develop an evacuation plan-Get familiar with your evacuation zones and alternate routes in case flooded areas and falling trees obstruct the road.
- Make an emergency disaster kit-Be prepared with a kit that has flashlight and batteries, radio, and enough non-perishable food and water to last a couple of days for each person.
- Strengthen your home- Cover windows, trim trees, secure loose outdoor items, secure all doors, and move your car to a safe location
- Check on neighbor-Offering a helping hand with one or more of the above and also checking on them after the storm.