The "LUNG" Of Your Home
We take great pride in keeping ourselves and our families healthy and happy, but what about your home? Similarly to your body, your house has its own set of "Lungs" that need to be maintained and cared for regularly. Your HVAC system and duct work are responsible for the air flow and filtration throughout your home. If your home is "breathing" in dust, pollen and other contaminates, so are you and your family!
This may seem like a minor thing. Something you could "push off until next year", or "do tomorrow". However, this is one of the major causes of respiratory infections, allergies, and asthma attacks in the home. Not to mention, have you seen how much it cost to replace or repair a damaged HVAC unit!
- When was the last preventative maintenance tune-up performed for your home or business?
- When was the last time I changed the air filters in my home or Office?
Most, if not all, HVAC equipment manufacturers recommend HVAC units be serviced Semi-annually/Annually. They also suggest Duct Cleaning be done every 3 - 5 years. However, Smokers and Pet Owners should consider cleaning once or twice a year because dust, dander, pollen and other contaminates floating through the air become lodged in filters and clog up drainage lines. Blockages tend to cause secondary issues that could cost you more money in the future. These issues include but are not limited to:
- Water damage to your ceiling, floor or walls from clogged, overflowing drainage pans
- Mold and mildew growth
- Higher utility prices from making your unit work twice as hard to pull in and pump out air
- Poor air quality - resulting in frequent doctor/hospital visits
In the end, overseeing regular maintenance and cleanings for your HVAC unit and Duct work will extend the life of the equipment, save you money, and give you cleaner air to breathe.
The SERVPRO Process:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 97% of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean
- A sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt
Our highly trained and certified SERVPRO Technicians will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and help you breathe easier.
For more information on Duct Cleaning contact SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville today.