Be prepared for hurricanes
Hurricane season is approaching, so now is the perfect time to start planning for what to do if there is an incoming hurricane. Taking steps to ensure you and your family’s safety. Some helpful tips and reminders are to:
Have an evacuation plan- Get familiar with your evacuation zones and alternate routes in case flooded areas and falling trees obstruct the road.
Make an emergency supply kit- Flashlight and batteries, food, water, and some personal necessities. Important documents, prescription and non-prescription meds, and first-aid kit.
Prepare your home- Look for weak spots in your home where wind or rain can enter your home.
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Check your attic and crawlspace
What to check in attic
- Insulation distributed evenly.
- Inadequate ventilated can trap heat.
- Extreme moisture may lead to mold.
- Extreme moisture can also lead to rust to metal (nails and roof)
- Uninvited pest (Mice, bats, raccoons, or squirrels)
What to check in crawlspace
- Crawlspace door- Loose-fitting or opened
- Vapor barrier- repair or replace if needed
- Properly installed insulation.
- Moisture- Condensation on vapor barrier and HVAC equipment.
- Mold- Extreme moisture can also lead to mold.
- Musty odor
- Standing water- To help this issue, install sump pump.
- Standing sewage
- Warped floors
- Uninvited pest (mice, insects, and termites)
Our skilled technicians are experienced in navigating through crawlspaces and attics to perform a variety of different services. Water and fire mitigation/repairs, mold remediation, sewage back-up, and biohazard clean-ups are the most common services.
Preparing for the unexpected!
When weather is concerned expect the unexpected. Tornadoes for example, can be one of the unexpected events during strong thunder storm. For this very reason tornado warnings are posted for certain time intervals.
Preparing for the storm
- Be familiar with signs of a tornado
- Sign up for weather alerts
- Pay attention to the weather in your area
- Develop an escape plan
During a storm event know where to go in the structure you are in. Wither it a school, manufactured home, commercial building or vehicle. After, be careful when you are checking for damage, sharp objects. If you are unsure of your safety in a structure because of the damage, seek safe shelter.
Are you Emergency Ready?
Disaster and emergencies always strike without warning. Disasters seem to happen when you least expect. What if, you were on at lunch or on vacation and disaster struck, would you know who to call? Would you be able to direct a panicked employee though the steps to turn off gas or water from a phone? No one plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it.
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
By working with SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville to develop your personalized Emergency READY Profile your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call Today for a No Cost Assessment of your Facility!
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville - (252) 291-4492
Let's talk Storms
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in restoration from storms. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Since, we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker and with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. When storms hit the Wilson or Nashville N.C. area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm.
Places in homes or businesses to check after storms (Lightning, wind, hail, tornadoes, or Hurricanes.)
- Roof: cracked, damaged, or missing shingles, and visible debris.
- Chimney flashing and gutters
- Ceilings: leaks, sagging or bubbling dry wall, slight discoloration, and water stains
- Exterior walls and windows for damage
Have Storm Damage? Call Us Today (252)-291-4492
Fire tips for Commercial businesses
We have extensive fire damage cleanup and restoration training to get your commercial property back to pre-fire condition.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
What your business can do in case of Fire or Soot Damage:
- Limit movement to prevent soot from traveling
- Keep hands clean, as soot on hands can further soil all areas
- Place dry colorfast towels or linens on rugs, upholstery, and traffic paths
- Wipe soot from chrome-faucets appliances, etc.
- If electricity is off, empty refrigerator and prop doors open
- If heat off pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks to avoid pipes from freezing
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off
- Tape layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles from traveling
Common Causes for commercial fires:
- Having flammable liquids or materials close to heat source.
- Human made mistakes: deliberate or non-intended
Keeping it clean in the workplace!
Production crew member washing hands for 20 seconds.
Keeping a safe environment for the employees and consumers is a good business moto. Doing that will not only help with keep a safe environment it helps in productivity. Keeping the absences at a minimum, by minimizing the spread of germs.
- Pencils and pens
- Desk, computers, printers, etc.
- Meeting tables, and chairs
- Fitness Equipment
- Playground Equipment
- High traffic area clean and sanitized
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – [SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville, 252-291-4492]
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Wilson/Nashville commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville
SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Re: We are Hiring
Do you love helping people through difficult situations?
Our Franchise is seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations. We work with an array of emergency situations, therefore you must have or be willing to develop new skill sets. Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who has excellent problem solving skills, communicates efficiently, and is a serious multi-tasker. Don’t miss your chance to join SERVPRO of Wilson/Nashville as a new Production Technician.
In this position, you will be making a difference each and every day.
- Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
- A valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
- Because we provide 24-hour emergency services, must be willing to be on call, as needed.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Previous or similar experience preferred.
Please come to our office at 3032 Forest Hills Road in Wilson, NC to pick up an application
When it rains it pours!
Continuous rain in Wilson/Nashville area cause this over time if not noticed.
Rain under normal circumstances does not usually cause damage to your home. But underlying conditions may change normal maintenance to major restoration. One condition may be not replacing old shingles on roof after weather event. Also, windows and openings in roof and siding that are not sealed properly can cause unseen damage. Lastly, heavy, or continuous rain may cause water to pool around your home. Water pooling around your home may cause damage to your foundation. Maintaining your home may prevent rain from damaging your home.
What can I do you ask?
- Replacing shingles, repairing roof and siding
- Repair leaks when located.
- Make sure all openings in your roof or home are sealed properly.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clean and clear for proper drainage.
- Ensure the crawl space vents are free of obstruction, to allow proper ventilation under your home.
Signs that you have water damage.
- Visible paint discoloration or peeling.
- Soft or sagging walls or ceiling and flooring
- Water stains around bathroom vents
- Water stains around oven hood/vents
Homeowners that have done all that they could do but, still experience water damage can call SERVPRO of Wilson/ Nashville. SERVPRO of Wilson/ Nashville is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.